We have an exciting and interesting opportunity for a hardworking, self-motivated Project Engineer to join our R&D team, developing model railway products that use the latest in electro/mechanical technology such as DCC control and sound. You will be expected to be able to start and follow-through multiple new projects to completion while working to deadlines and liaising on a day-to-day basis, both with the other members of the R&D team in the UK and our parent company’s engineering team based in Hong Kong.
The successful candidate must have the ability to research, analyse and compile detailed technical briefs and have strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Experience using Autocad, UnigraphicsNX and Solidworks is a key requirement. For a typical project you will be required to:
• Compile a brief historical overview of the prototype
• Source and interpret original engineering drawings
• Arrange site visits to survey full-size prototypes
• Liaise with acknowledged third-party experts, museums and heritage groups
• Create 2D or 3D CAD files of key design elements to assist the HK engineering team
• Analyse and review the completed engineering design
• Evaluate and report on prototype testing
• Liaise with the Artwork team with product decoration requirements
A clear understanding of die-cast metal and plastic manufacturing techniques and materials will be required. An interest in railway modelling or an association with the railway industry would be an advantage, but not essential. We offer a competitive salary plus company benefits to the right applicant.
Please apply with a covering letter and full CV by the 28th February 2018 to:
Job Application – Project Engineer
Bachmann Europe Plc, Moat Way, Barwell, Leicestershire LE9 8EY.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org