Following another very successful year, culminating in the award of ‘Overall Manufacturer of the Year’ in the British Model Railway Awards, Bachmann Europe Plc are pleased to advertise the following position within the company to aid the development and expansion of the business.
We are looking for a Communications Manager for our office in Barwell, Leicestershire. The Communications Manager will help manage the day-to-day communication plan to secure maximum positive exposure for Bachmann Europe, its products and spokespeople amongst print and digital media in a way that supports the wider company mission and marketing/business objectives. The role will report into the Manager of Marketing and will work closely with the Marketing and R & D teams.
• Final authorization for all public communications.
• Building, improving and managing relationships with key influencers and journalists.
• Serving as the public face of the company in interviews, videos, press conferences and key exhibitions.
• Working with brand supervisors to help with the media coverage of non-railway brands and products.
• Writing articles and editing Collectors Club magazine.
• Devising and coordinating photo opportunities and product launches.
• Organising events such as press conferences and press open days, and creating relevant and informative presentations.
• Monitoring forums and customer feedback to be aware of any negative publicity.
• Monitoring industry news.
• Responding and resolving a potential crisis situation.
• Guest speaking and address groups and societies.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
• Understanding of how content can be used for traditional media, PR and wider digital channels including SEO & Social Media.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Willingness to learn other programs that could be useful to the role.
• Drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask.
• The ability to cope with pressure.
• Creativity, imagination and initiative.
• Good teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Discrete and trustworthy in dealing in confidential information.
• Commercial awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs.
• Flexibility – may require working overtime and weekends.
This is a full-time position with a competitive package available including private health care, pension plan, and performance related remuneration salary.
Please apply with a covering letter and full CV by 28th September 2018 to:
FAO Carrie Woods, Job Application – Communications Manager, Bachmann Europe Plc, Moat Way, Barwell, Leicestershire LE9 8EY.
or email email@example.com
Bachmann is an equal opportunities environment