Job Opportunity at Bachmann – DCC & Project Engineer
Are you an Engineer with a passion for railways, who would like to join a team of railway loving colleagues, whilst getting paid to research trains? If you answered yes to any of the above then keep reading as we might have just the perfect opportunity for you!
We have an exciting and interesting opportunity for a hardworking and self-motivated DCC & Project Engineer to join our Research & Development team, to help us to develop our award winning model railway products using the latest electro/mechanical technology such as Digital Command Control and sound.
You will be expected to be able to start and follow through multiple new projects to completion while working to deadlines and liaising on a day-to-day basis, both with the other members of the R&D team in the UK and our parent company’s engineering team based in Hong Kong. A good working knowledge of the more prevalent DCC Systems in the market is essential along with the skills to install and configure DCC Decoders. Knowledge in the use of the ESU LOKPROGRAMMER and ZIMO MxULFA devices along with JMRI Decoder Pro packages would be a distinct advantage with an understanding of best practice set up for DCC sound installations to be specified for Bachmann products.
The successful candidate must have the ability to research, analyse and compile detailed technical briefs and have strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Experience using Autocad or Solidworks is a key requirement.
For a typical project you will be required to:
- Compile a brief historical overview of the prototype
- Source and interpret original engineering drawings
- Arrange site visits to survey full-size prototypes
- Liaise with third-party experts, museums & heritage group
- Produce free-hand sketches of undocumented features
- Create 2D or 3D CAD files of key design elements to assist the Hong Kong based engineering team
- Analyse and review the completed engineering design
- Evaluate and report on prototype testing
- Liaise with the Artwork team with product decoration requirements
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary offered (dependant on experience) plus benefits. The role is based Monday to Friday at our head office in Barwell, Leicestershire therefore the ideal candidates should be within a commutable distance of our European HQ.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to:
Job Application – DCC & Project Engineer, Bachmann Europe Plc, Moat Way,Barwell, Leicestershire LE9 8EY or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachmann is an equal opportunities environment