Our Bachmann Branchline OO Scale train set featuring The Midlander Express (30-285) is ideal for people who are looking to get into railway modelling, or for experienced modellers who are looking to expand their layout. The set is based upon one of British Railways’ most prestige express trains of the 1950s which ran between London and Birmingham.
Featuring the Jubilee Class 4-6-0 steam locomotive “Quebec” and two Mark One coaches in the newly introduced maroon livery, you have everything you need to recreate this classic train formation included. The set comes complete with an oval of track, measuring 910mm x 1250 mm, along with an AC mains wall transformer and controller.
Above: The Midlander Express (30-285) box artwork and a side view of the train included.
- Jubilee Class 4-6-0 Locomotive
- BR Mk1 BSK Maroon Coach x1
- BR Mk1 CK Maroon Coach x1
- Oval of track (910mm x 1250 mm)
- AC mains wall transformer and controller
You can expand your Midlander Express train set with a selection of BR Mk1 Coaches in Maroon livery from our OO scale Branchline range. These include:
- 39-026E, BR Mk1 SK Second Corridor in Maroon
- 39-051E, BR Mk1 SO Second Open in Maroon
- 39-076H, BR Mk1 BSK Brake Second Corridor in Maroon
- 39-103C, BR Mk1 RU Restaurant Car in Maroon
- 39-126C, BR Mk1 CK Composite Corridor in Maroon
- 39-151F, BR Mk1 FK First Class Corridor in Maroon
- 39-226C, BR Mk1 BCK Brake Composite Corridor in Maroon
- 39-241, BR Mk1 FO First Open in Maroon
- 39-251D, BR Mk1 RFO Restaurant Car in Maroon
- 39-261B, BR Mk1 RMB Miniature Buffet Car in Maroon
Above: 39-251D, BR Mk1 RFO Restaurant Car in Maroon
Why not create a station for the train to stop at with the Scenecraft Station Building (44-0023) and Station Waiting Room (44-0024) in conjunction with our Platform Ramps (44-0008) and Straight Platforms (44-153). You can then add the finishing touch to your station in the form of our Scenecraft 1940/50s Station Staff (36-404).
Above (top to bottom):
Station Building (44-0023) and Station Waiting Room (44-0024), 1940/50s Station Staff (36-404)
and a set of Platform Ramps (44-0008)
All the items mentioned above are available to purchase from your local Bachmann Stockist.