Bachmann Europe PLC is an importer and distributor of award winning Model and Hobby products. We are an international company with offices in the UK, Germany and USA, and our parent company, Kader Industries, is based in Hong Kong. As a progressive, continually expanding company this is an exciting time to join the growing Bachmann team!
Job Description: Graphic Designer/Graphic Artist
The successful candidate will be required to work from photographic and documentary references to replicate highly detailed and accurate graphics for railway models. Candidates must have a very keen eye for detail with in-depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and must present a portfolio to reflect this.
You will be required to follow jobs through from preliminary artwork, manage all necessary correspondence, compile sample reports and the checking and approval of final samples for production. We work very closely with our colleagues in Hong Kong and China so the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is a must.
Candidates should be very well organised and will be required to work on multiple projects at one time and to deadlines.
- 35 Hours Per Week (Office based, Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm, 1hr for lunch).
- University Graduate or equivalent experience level.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Portfolio of work examples.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be helpful.
Advantageous to the role but not essential:
- Any background of an engineering or technical nature, as the job often encompasses tasks of that nature.
- Experience of colour matching.
- An interest in history or the railways.
Does this sound like the job for you? If so, let us know why you think you are the right person to join our team.
Job Application – Graphic Designer/Graphic Artist – Bachmann Europe Plc, Moat Way, Barwell, Leicestershire, LE9 8EY or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachmann is an equal opportunities environment